The captain is in charge!
- Organize your six member team
- Get all members registered
- Share program information
- Motivate, connect and celebrate!
- Choose a team name
- Select a challenge (description in right column)
- Do activities together
- Interact and connect regularly in some way
Celebrate behavior change!
- Send a message each week to highlight team or member success
- Send a motivational text, a cartoon, e-card or postcard
- Arrange team activities such as a bowling party, miniature golf, a pot-luck dinner or lunch out.
- Participate in local program classes or activities
- Join in for the celebration event if scheduled
Choose your challenge! See the descriptions at right.
The first thing you will do is connect with your team to choose a team name and select a goal (one of the Walk Kansas challenges.) Use the online platform available when you register for Walk Kansas to stay connected, or find other way that works for your team. Team mates do not need to walk or do activities together – they can if they want to. As a captain, it is your role to see that team members interact and connect regularly in some way.
Celebration is an important part of a behavior change process. This doesn't have to be elaborate and can be a simple as sending a message each week to highlight success of the team or individual members. Send a motivational text, a cartoon, e-card or postcard. Arrange a fun activity for your team such as a bowling party, miniature golf, a pot-luck dinner or lunch out. Make it healthful and fun!