Welcome to Walk Kansas - Harper County
March 17 - May 11, 2019
Time for Walk Kansas!
Gather your team-mates – it’s time for Walk Kansas! K-State Research and Extension (KSRE) has been offering this health initiative since 2001. Online registration is available February 19 through March 15, and information about Walk Kansas and healthful living is available at www.walkkansas.org.
Walk Kansas is a team-based program that will help you and others lead a healthier life. Join this program and
- be more active with friends and family,
- make better nutrition choices,
- and walk away your stress.
▪ Before you go to register, recruit team members (at least 4 – you can add more later). You will need their email address, or mailing address if they do not have email. Program apparel (t-shirts, baseball tee, sweatshirts, etc) can be ordered when you register your team or later through the online store. You will be asked to pay the program fee ($8/person) for your team (plus any shirts you order at this time) at the end of registration, so be prepared to pay with credit card (PayPal) or follow up by sending a check. Talk to your team and select a goal for how many minutes of exercise each person will commit to per week – 2 ½ hours, 4 hours or 6 hours.
▪ When you are ready, go to www.walkkansasonline.org (There is a Captains Guide that can walk you through the steps to sign up. Click on the captain's button to the left, then select the Captains Guide button)